The War Zone and The Sanctuary

A blog run by a Liberal Feminist woman who adores Music and all other Art in any form. Actually, she loves just about everything from Science to British comedy. But - she is pissed off with the Current Administration and all their Right Wing ideology and is compelled to fight their reign by setting up...A Blog ( ta da! ). All malice aside, this woman is most happy when she is surrounded by intelligent thought and witty conversation.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Pew-litz-ah


Ahhhhh....saw the Pulitzer prize winning Proof yesterday. Very different than I expected. Lots of swearing ( to my liking ). The plot was well done - the actors were not too bad either, but the acting did remind me of conversation with someone with whom I share a common view of thespians. He said to me, "If in a play I was required to open a door, I'm going to open a door. I wouldn't do all this extra bullshit" ( here he goes through exaggerated motions of door-opening ). I agreed. "Subtly," I replied. "Is an integral part of portraying real life situations."

I know, I know. Sometimes the overzealous acting is needed, depending on how the play is written. Farce, comedy - yes, it's beautiful there. But in drama - no. It just hinders the experience.


On another note, there was a touch of feminine power to the plot which I greatly enjoyed and savored.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home