The War Zone and The Sanctuary

A blog run by a Liberal Feminist woman who adores Music and all other Art in any form. Actually, she loves just about everything from Science to British comedy. But - she is pissed off with the Current Administration and all their Right Wing ideology and is compelled to fight their reign by setting up...A Blog ( ta da! ). All malice aside, this woman is most happy when she is surrounded by intelligent thought and witty conversation.

Monday, April 17, 2006

I Have Discovered....


....Queen. Oh my holy fucking goddamn hell - what beautiful MUSIC. And Freddie Mercury - what a VOICE. As a music connoisseur I shout my praises for them to the sky! Yes, I have before listened to Bohemian Rhapsody, We Will Rock You, We Are The Champions, and Crazy Little Thing Called Love ( the latter, strangely, I thought was by the Beach Boys ), but now after listening to Killer Queen, Bicycle Race, Who Wants To Live Forever, The Show Must Go On, I Want It All, I Want To Break Free, and countless others - I am enthralled with Queen.

I love it when this happens. When I come across a group or a solo artist with myriads of songs and I am smitten for weeks, sometimes months, at a time. It was like this with Bjork ( who is my music goddess, by the way ), Kate Bush ( another fucking unreal fiery maenad ), The Libertines, Tori Amos, Rufus Wainright, John Rutter, Pete Doherty, and others. My life is music - a beat and I'm moist. A few notes and I'm hardcore. A melody and I'm lost in the undulating waves of pleasure. You cannot stop me.

So back I go, to shiver and scream, to pant and purr, to rest and retreat, in the many tones and chords of a Most Surpurb British rock band.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home