The War Zone and The Sanctuary

A blog run by a Liberal Feminist woman who adores Music and all other Art in any form. Actually, she loves just about everything from Science to British comedy. But - she is pissed off with the Current Administration and all their Right Wing ideology and is compelled to fight their reign by setting up...A Blog ( ta da! ). All malice aside, this woman is most happy when she is surrounded by intelligent thought and witty conversation.

Monday, March 20, 2006

My West Wing



















The only elected Democrats that I feel no frustration and latent animosity towards will soon be gone from public eye. I'm talking about my friends from The West Wing, of course. I love that series; it is intelligent, witty, feeling, and represents the best of the Dems. I don't know how many times I have wished that Jimmy Smitts/Matt Santos would really run in the 2008 campaign. And what about that Alan Alda? If only all Republicans had his qualities and beliefs ( i.e. separation of church and state, goddamnit ).

There's always the DVDs, I guess. But if the Democrats are pulled from prime-time television, does that not speak volumes on how bad we are really doing? All America wants to watch are those gory crime shows, which only scare the fuck out people and will eventually make them paranoid. Paranoia is not what I want to base my life on.

But anyway, I will miss those nights, cuddled on the couch with my snacks and remote, watching with delight the antics of Sam, Toby, Josh, Donna, CJ, Charlie, Will, Leo, and of course the Prez himself. I loved the dialogue and the banter and the wonderful plots. I also loved the "sometimes characters" such as Oliver, Bruno, Danny, Amy, the Prez' family, and especially the always hilarious foreign diplomats. I loved knowing that Aaron Sorkin had a vision that millions of others shared.

There are a few episodes left, and I intend to enjoy the fuck out of all of them. Who knows, Donna and Josh might find serendipity at last. :)


And the winner of the 2008 Presidential Election is........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home