The War Zone and The Sanctuary

A blog run by a Liberal Feminist woman who adores Music and all other Art in any form. Actually, she loves just about everything from Science to British comedy. But - she is pissed off with the Current Administration and all their Right Wing ideology and is compelled to fight their reign by setting up...A Blog ( ta da! ). All malice aside, this woman is most happy when she is surrounded by intelligent thought and witty conversation.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Defend Your Body

I've been taking a self defense class. It is so fucking empowering. We're learning simple techniques that will disarm attackers with only the slightest amount of force. The human body is designed so intricately. Joints and pressure points that can be broken or cut off with just precision moves. One of the girls in the class has taken karate so she has beautiful form when exacting kicks or throwing punches.

Through this class I discovered that my arms are double-jointed, so when we are doing the moves on each other the others must apply extra force on me. Our instructor also works with kids with sickle cell and cancer and I am thinking about volunteering to help him.



Tuesday Random 10:
Esthero - Fastlane (Wamdue Main Mix) (Edit) - shit, I love this, it sets me off
Mum - The Ghosts You Draw On My Back
Sinead O'Connor - Success Has Made A Failure Of Our Home
Shrimp Boat - Dollar Bill
Dario Marianelli - I Found A Reason - from the V for Vendetta soundtrack
Madonna - Like A Virgin
Goldfrapp - Time Out From The World
Frou Frou - Let Go
The Sea and Cake - To The Author (Version 2)
Massive Attack - A Prayer For England


Check this post out - very moving. Animals are more wise than we. Losing them can be hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home